Re: 87 rocco 16V PS on 83 GTI?

I have to agree. These cars do not need power steering. They are too
light for this. Even my 110lb girlfriend has no problems with her car.

I think VW started adding this in the early to mid 80's to cater to lazy
Americans - (just a theory)

With PS you get nothing but dead weight and headaches.

Another slightly twisted viewpoint *)

Mark . . .   (THINK VW) keep the non-VW posts to yourself!
Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
Previous Sciroccos: 1981S (RIP), 1980S, 1975TS, 1975
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO2/mark.htm

Ummm just wondering... WHY would you WANT power steering? It decreases
road feel,
adds weight and just generally takes away from the sporting character of
the car,
IMHO
    -Josiah