Any car audio experts on the list? (ie, installers, designers, competitors)

Depending on window crank positioning a pod could be made quite easily.
IMO, instead of a round pod, i would make a more square one for aesthetic
reasons (not much inside is round)

pods are made quite easily by making a frame, stratching a t-shirt over it
then putting fiberglass resin on for your first layer. this is then covered
with multiple layers of woven glass ( I have better luck with woven for a
smooth finish).
then sand and smooth with a filler, then cover with vinyl or paint.
I would say a 6.5 SHOULD fit, but once again, this all depends on window
crank position (unless you have power windows)

I made 2 boxes for my old van in this fashion and they were AWESOME.
This is the same method that my buddy, a high end installer at a prestigous
shop uses to make pods, or pretty much anything fiberglass