stupid question about stainless brake lines

The set I bought from the Potterpeople has a clear covering over the
entire length and have black tapered strain relief ends terminating on the
metal ends.  I've seen others with the same.  You have the look of SS
without the worry of grit chafing.

-Dick-
78 Scircco
Original Owner