Alignment and Tires

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:55:11 -0500, "Nate Lowe" <nlowe79@gmail.com>
wrote:

>It's time for new tires on the Rocc and since the car seems to be a bit out
>of alignment I'd like to get it done at the same time. I have been told that
>these cars should be set up with a little bit of toe in for best
>performance. Is there some sort of setting/angle I can give the guy at the
>shop to get specifically what would be needed? Or maybe a certain lister
>will let me make an appointment for his garage ;)

All the specs are in the Bentley and you're correct about the small
amount of toe in.  Camber is the one people seem more likely to play
with - going a bit more negative.  I'll make the assumption your front
suspension parts are all good to go.  Do your tires show any abnormal
wear patterns?  Often the "bit out of alignment" feeling is a ball
joint or tie rod end that's getting sloppy.  Make sure those get
checked before wasting time and money on an alignment.

I would find a tech with the nicest, newest, computerized 4-wheel
alignment rack you can find.  They will have the specs in their
system.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9