Alignment and Tires

On 3/17/06, Gordon Forbess <gforbess@attglobal.net> wrote:

>  Do your tires show any abnormal
> wear patterns?  Often the "bit out of alignment" feeling is a ball
> joint or tie rod end that's getting sloppy.  Make sure those get
> checked before wasting time and money on an alignment.

Yes, the tires have wear mainly on the inside, the outside is almost
perfect. Also, the car veers slightly to the left (only noticable at highway
speeds). There's no sloppy feeling, but it probably is a good idea to check
out the suspension components just to be sure. Oh, and found the specs in
the Bentley, didn't know they were there. Thanks!

Roger: I don't have a specific place I'm getting them. Spring break started
for me today, so I'll be calling around early next week to see what kind of
pricing I can get. TireRack has them for $66 a piece, but I think I could do
better locally when you include shipping. Which leads me to another
question: any local Marylanders want to point me to a good tire shop?