lowering?

Can't disagree with your point here at all, Dan. You are dead right.

larry
sandiego16v
  All that bullshit aside, I want to make one point.
  If you cut your coils you will make the springs stiffer if you're cutting
  active coils.
  It's damn unlikely that you will change the spring rates the same proportion
  front to rear.
  To that extent you've changed the front to rear roll stiffness distribution
  and that will change the handling balance.
  Changing anti-sway bars on only one end of the car has the same result, yet
  I've seen a lot of people say you should remove the front anti-sway bar and
  only one person fess up to backing their car into the bushes as a result.
  you or anybody else.
  Dan