First of all: I can't get my hood open!

Shit, dealer is closed tomorrow, and it sounds like a dealer-only
option.  Any idea on a price?

:)

As far as cable ties go, they are my duct tape.  Ask anyone who knows
me, I always keep a tub in all my cars, and I use them profusely for any
and all repairs.  Cases in point:  I have my center support bearing on
my Quantum Syncro located and centered with 6 zip ties, I fixed my CV
boot at Cincy with zip ties (duct tape was involved, but as a secondary
fall-back), I have my 16v grill secured with red zip ties, I have a
loose hood pin clip secured with zip ties on my '81, I tried securing my
battery with zip ties at a recent autocross, but I couldn't find a
secure point to attach them to, I've used zip ties as hose clamps, the
list goes on, and on, and on.

Long point short, I like your way of thinking!!!!

Nate