[OT] What's it worth? '83 Audi Urq

Made a big mistake and took the back way home, and there it sat, all
nasty and red, an '83 Audi quattro coupe turbo. Talked to the guy that
didn't own it, he called the guy who does own it.  It's been sitting in
a barn for 8 years, clutch went bad (dunno if it's a bad clutch, or
maybe bad clutch hydraulics), mice have chewed through the vacuum lines,
and the motor has stuck rings, so it won't turn over, he's been soaking
them with WD-40 (I assume via the plug holes).  No plug wires, all the
plugs are snapped off above the hex, so should be removable.  Severe
(possibly teminal) rust under the sills and jacking points, ala Mk1.
Rust pooking out of the body kit behind the front tires, otherwise the
body is in fairly good shape.   Leather, in good shape, needs to be
cleaned and treated.  Stock 15" Ronal R8s with crappy tires.  quattro
system looks to be in good shape, but could have issues.

He told me it was for sale, but didn't have any clue how much he wants
for it.  On one hand, it's an ultra-rare piece of history (this car
introduced the world to quattro, and there were precious few imported to
the states), and the tend to sell for $15-20,000 in prime shape.  On the
other hand, it's rusty, it needs an engine, and who knows what else it
would take to get it going.  The seller is also selling a mid '80's
Mustang convertible, a Chrylser minivan, and a Monte Carlo SS project
with no motor, racing stripes and a big hole cut in the hood for a
blower.  He was mostly uninformative on the phone, basically, it's an
'83, it's for sale, and everything he has is for sale, for the right
money.  I'm banking on the fact that he doesn't know what he has, and
maybe I could get it cheap.  If it were any other car, it'd be a $500
sale, tops, but how far does the heritage go?

Of course I don't need it, or have room for it, so something would have
to go.  So, options:

'87 VW Quantum Syncro:  It's an Audi 4000 wagon, with quattro.  Rare,
one of only 3000 or so sold in the US.  In good shape, my wife likes it,
and it's great (er...GREAT) in the winter.

'81 Roc:  Rusty as all hell, fenders are mostly gone, jack goes through
both jacking points, and the rear swingarm attaching points are almost
toast.  Currently has a seized caliper and a few electic glitches, but
it runs like a top, but by all rights should be junk-yard bound.

'88 16v:  My newest aquisition, and I'm not planning on selling it, it's
my DD, and currently the only road-worthy car I own.

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Why the hell did I go the back way?

Help!
Nate