[OT] What's it worth? '83 Audi Urq

    I'm sorry Nate, but at this point you've been twice bitten.  Still
technically a dub yet a whole new culture all it's own.  If you do get it
there's a list at Audifans.com and one at Audiworld.  Audifans was the one I
was a member of for 4 years while I had my Quat and is more like this list
for it's information and acceptance, however expect over 150 emails a day.
Now that's dedication, on the otherhand there is Audiworld where people talk
about the newer stuff  nearer to the B5 and up and what color they should
paint, how much HP neon lights add... so think the Vortexier version of Audi
lists.  Still informative but you have to do research before asking
questions about anything otherwise you'll get flamed.  If you're a member of
Audiworld now and you disagree, go ahead, lie to the rest of us, I dare you.
For UrQ's, definately go to Audifans for their knowledge, they like the
older cars more and they'll not only welcome you but be excited.  There is a
List in Toronto on Yahoo groups as well that I was a member of and there are
actually a number of UrQ's there including a wide body.  We did some ice
racing events which you can see at my racing pictures on the MSN spaces link
below.
    You'll notice I won't try to convince you to try it, or deter you from
it.  I will say that having a Mk1 or 2 back ground definately helps... ALOT!
I loved my Quat, right until the moment when I couldn't afford to fix it
anymore and the local constabulary helped me out of my addiction with a 1
step program (yes, I consider my Mk1 a relapse).  It's a good find, but
expect problems... and expect them to be obscure and weird, but being a
Sciroccophile you should be used to at least some of that.  I will tell you
a few big points for that car that might be an issue that you might already
know having a Quantum that shares most of these parts.  Diff locks are
vacuum operated and sometimes get gummed up, that's the same among all first
gen Quat's.  New ones are nearly non existant or costly but you can take
them apart and clean them out and as long as you use them regularly once
you've freed them up you should be fine.  Don't tow it faster then 50 Mph
with diff's open, or at all with one or both closed.  Funny for people who
don't care about our chosen brands, a crying shame when you see it happen to
someone who didn't know.  Those plug wires are a fortune.  It cost me 400
for mine on my 10V NA motor, so I can only imagine how much more they would
be for that Turbo motor.  On the bright side, the motors are as swappable as
our dubs, and if you can find yourself a UrS4 that's been rear ended, grab
that motor... I think it's called a 2B, but don't quote me on that, I've
forgotten more then I should have.  It's a 2.2L 20V Turbo, roughly 220 hp,
and it fits... with some work.  A great motor that's tough and has a
fantastic sound, well all 5Cyl's do.  Also on the stock 10V motor it should
still have a CIS-E Fuel system so it's just like most old school dubs.  An
easier motor to find would be the 160 hp 10V turbo from the 5000 Quattro.
It should bolt right up without a lot of extra work and they're a bit more
common.
    That's just a general overview but unless you know how to and enjoy
doing bodywork, the cancer on these can be devastating.  This is just my
fanatacism but I'd say that any UrQ is worth the extra look.  Good luck.

            ....... and... breath.

       Rave Racer
'81 Scirocco Mk1 1.8L Digifant 2
'89 Jetta 1.8L 16V GTX  gone but not forgotten
'87 Audi 4000 Quattro
 http://www.audifans.com/registry/view.php?action=viewCar&carid=110
'72 Triumph GT6
 http://www.triumphowners.com/uploaded/34/50-50-111014_20raveracer-gt6-1.jpg
'83 Toyota Tercel (yoda)    Why? It was FREE!

 http://spaces.msn.com/raveracer77/photos/