8v to 16v conversion how much work?

On 9:30:55 am 11/08/05 "David Brown" <sharpshooter33@adelphia.net> wrote:
> Ok, been thinking this one over. I think I can get my 84 8v up and
> running.  I really never even gave it any thought since my 16v was
> always my car.  With alittle work the 8v should be able to get up and
> running.
>
> I was wondering how much work was involved switching a 8v to 16v?
> I'm probably going to keep the 8v like it is, because I'm not much on
> projects, but in the back of my mind I'm still wondering how much work,
> time and $$$ I would need to convert the 84 8v to 86 16v since I have a
> donor car and extra parts.
> Anybody have a step by step from doing this project before?
>
> Thanks

Aside from the technical aspects involved, don't forget to account for all
that "while you are in there" stuff, if you take your time, you can access
a lot of areas more easily with the engine out, and some of them can add $$
to the project. How much it ends up costing will depend on what you
envision the end result to be (mechanical perfection/show car/basic street
beast). Others can chime in on what they spent for the basic transplant.
Mine were both swaps to the same number of valves (but bigger), and there
were still expenses with them. Does exhaust have to be swapped too? (I'd
guess yes)

cathy