Now SMS was 4k tranny?

I'm not sure exactly how common the problem really is, but it IS a pretty
scary problem. I've never had any SMS on my fleet of junk, and they'd all
be 020s (except the daily) and all have been pretty abused. The 16Vs the
only one with the bolt kit, and only because it got rebuilt for upgrades.

So now a quickie stats type question, how many of you have had SMS and what
condition was the tranny in (mileage,etc)/how many other healthy ones do
you have? I mean if someone has experience with 20 trannies and the only
one they had the problem with was a 500,000 mile example that went dry a
few times, then that's different from every second person on the list
having one go. OTOH, if I ever have one torn down again, bolts will go in.
I'd like to hear from Ron/Dan etc on this, given their experience with this
stuff.
cathy