Best way to "flush out" a dirty tranny? HELP!

Quoting Mark <mardak@cogeco.ca>:

> I bought an FF tranny for cheap recently and I'd like to swap it in for
> all the highway driving I'll be doing in the next month.  The problem is
> that it appears to have been stored outside, without anything covering
> the speedo hole.  Since there was a bunch of leaves and crap all over
> it, I'm assuming some stuff got inside.

Bad news...  I sold a tranny some time back that got the teensiest bit o'
water in it.  The bearings cratered within 5K miles.  If it was outside, then
more than likely water is in there as well, and the bearings are eaten up with
rust...  I don't think flushing it is going to be your biggest problem...

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news...  :-(  Good Luck,

David Utley
Cable Volkswagen
405-470-3129
1-800-522-6793