Front-end vibration?

Quoting Patrick Bureau <longcoeur@yahoo.com>:

> One note that may indicate a problem, when I had the
> car tested for emission on the roller machine, the car
> moved up and down on the right side on the rolling
> machine, the tech told me it was probably a bad cv
> joint, but I have replaced it since, along with shocks
> and springs since.... maybe this last clue (if you
> actualy read all my mumbo jumbo thoughs) is the key,
> maybe I need to ask my buddy at teh test center to
> slap it back on the roller to see if it is still doing
> it. (unable to determin if it does it when I drive
> (not like the hod raises or not when I drive it, but
> on the roller it moved up/down about 1/2-1")

That's it right there...  More than likely someone has already offered a
comment on this, however I think that is your trouble.  The hub-centric ring,
the wheel, or the tire is out of round...  Put the sucker up on jacks, and
carefully put the car in 4th or 5th and see where the vibration is from
underneath...  All the usual fine print included, don't do this unless you
know what you are doing, etc. etc...

Good Luck,
  David

David Utley