Best way to "flush out" a dirty tranny? HELP!

I don't believe the tranny sat outside too long (the guy mentioned
running it in his Rabbit less than a year ago.  Everything moves
smoothly, and the gears seem to engage no problem.  I don't believe
there is any water in there.  I drained the oil and I didn't see any.
Peeking into the speedo hole with a flashlight showed a bit of
"dirt"-like stuff in there though - which is why I want to flush it.

I'll try the diesel fuel flush - that's a great idea guys!

Thanks!

Mark.
75
77