Semi O/T: Got a pickup with 2.0 16V, do I need Motronic?

> If so, look
> at the top of the charts where it describes 50/50, the pressure is at 1
> atmostphere, plus a 15lb cap.  Look at NPG, it is at 1 atmostphere, and no
> pressure on the cap...  If the low specific heat value bothers you, you
can
> run a 7 lb cap as I do.

well, ok, i get the fact that it runs at very low pressure, but the pressure
has minimal effect on the heat capacity of the water / glycol / whatever.

> I actually did that because you can smell it all the
> time, like Belgian waffles, sickly sweet smell.

mmm waffles.

> Now, I have no idea what
> specific heat mine exhibits, and I do know that the heat rises pretty
steadily
> if I sit a -long- period of time idling (20 mins)....

can you give me some oil timp figures? (im assuming you have the gauge).

> Localized boiling is virtually eliminated

my hunch was that the gains from killing the boiling would be offset by the
higher running temps. you appear to have running proof to the contrary.

> HTH,
>   David Utley

it does... i'm starting to want to swing towards using this stuff.

p.s. how much does this stuff cost, anyhow?
Al