Semi O/T: Got a pickup with 2.0 16V, do I need Motronic?

--- David Utley <mr.utility@highstream.net> wrote:
> Daun,
>   No fuel enrichment device on yours?

No, stay away from the fuel enrichment modules.  Almost
everyone I've ever heard of having one eventually removes
it because it ends up causing running issues, either with
the 1.8 or 2.0.

> As to the thing about it being chippable, yeah, that had
> occurred to me...
> TTs' chip gives you 13 hp, and that is with an otherwise
> stock motor...  I
> would have a proper 2.25 TT exhaust and cams eventually,
> not to mention a
> P/Ped head.  But, as I have always belonged to the
> "Cheapass" club and did
> not know it, these things will happen slowly...  :)

Yep, I hear that.  I'm running the TT 2.25", stock cams,
stock 2.0 head, and a 4k tranny.  (That makes a big
difference right there IMHO.)

> I forgot to mention, I will also have Evans coolant,
> which should help
> things...

Can't help ya there...   I think da original Cheapass Ron
(TM) was going to run something like that - talk to him.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '82 Scirocco.
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain.  That's not the scary part.  What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen