[SPAM] RE: Fuel tank leaking problem

I am in the middle of this schmozzle presently. And expect a warm greeting
when you mention it too, I watched the smoke test spew smoke out of the
seam (this was last Monday), and was told by the tech that there was no
recall, then we searched through the campaigns together and lo and behold,
there's a recall. Well then he says the VIN doesn't fit in the range,
Funny the vin range on one part of the screen has one less digit than what
any VW known to mankind has, and further up on the recall, it looks like I
fit into the right range. Which I knew before I even went in. So my VIN
doesn't call up the recall, and they are "waiting to hear back from head
office", which is total and complete bullshit as far as I am concerned. At
 least the owner agreed it is in the correct range.

 I'm waiting till noon tomorrow, ( a full week later)
and if there is no positive response, well, they say ,"Hell hath no fury
like a woman denied pizza or a gas tank on warrantee." So expect some
variety of nuclear event, it may make it to the news. You may now address
me as "the critical mass". I mean, I give them literally thouands of
dollars annually, I bought two new cars there, they should say, "we'll fix
it, let us work out how it gets paid for". But no, I get dicked around.
Sorry, it really pisses me off. This after getting the big shaft on the
faulty MAF on my NewBeetle recall. And what they say about size does not
apply here. Big shafts are not always a good thing.
So the icing on the cake is while I was perusing the "campaign" with the
owner, I noticed that 88 Cabbies are on the recall too, wonderful I'm
thinking, since the first thing he asked me is if it was an American car.
The 16V isn't, but the cabby was. So Daun, I may be driving down to your
dealer if the Cabby pulls this stunt at some future date. For the headache
at least, the previous service manager printed the car's warrantee
history, so the tank has definitely not been done.

I'll keep you posted, or just watch the evening news. This may get real ugly.

Cathy