Raceware and Diesel (was: Tightening headbolts...)

I have had great success with my Raceware set (an an
ABA block/Eurospec head)- Had to make sure how to
properly torque them (engine originally was not build
by me) after i had some head work done- They e-mailed
me the proper procedure and were very helpful. No
problems orginally and no problems after reinstall. I
would recommend them highly-

-mark

--- chris gonzalez <chris24g@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This is my 1st time with the raceware fasteners. So
> far, so good, but time will tell if they hold their
> torque. I will be very upset if I have to change
> that diesel gasket again, especially after the cost
> of those bolts! What kind of leaks did your previous
> engine develop?
>
> Drew MacPherson <drew@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca>
> wrote:
> Yes, reacewares are not torque angle, so the torque
> specs are very
> different than stock stretch bolts. Is this your
> first run with the
> racewares on your diesel? I'm thoroughly unimpressed
> with the set of
> racewares I purchased 8 or 9 years ago now - I've
> used them on 4 different
> engines (the last one I was foolish enough to try
> twice) and keep
> reverting back to stock stretch bolts for a reliable
> seal.
>
> Drew
>
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, chris gonzalez wrote:
>
> > Ah, yes I was using raceware studs/fasteners on my
> diesel. Make sure you
> > chase the threads and blow out the bolt holes, or
> your torque readings
> > will be different for each bolt. Oh, and raceware
> themselves recommend
> > using the beam type torque wrench vs. click or
> dial torque wrenches.
> > They went as far as to say they recommend NOT
> using click or dial
> > wrenches.

> | 84 Wolfsburg Edition TurboDiesel Scirocco |
> | http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd |

=====
mark hausler
'81 scirocco s