Brett/BigMac's MegaSquirt variant?

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:23:24 -0500, Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> I think you guys are missing something.
> The thread was asking about Megasquirt AVR.
> It'll do sequential, ignition, WB-O2, target table, idle speed control, pick your nose.......
> And you don't have to go to the bother or assembling it!!!
> Way cheaper than anything except regular Megasquirt!
> So, if you really think you need sequential then why not consider it?
> www.vems-group.org

I've been scared off by the "unfinished" feel of the whole VEMS
project, but it does look like recently things are progressing nicely
though!

Brian, how does the WB-02 stuff compare to others on the market?
There's argument all over the net on whether PLX, Innovate, or
TechEdge is the best - how does the VEMS compare?  (From what I can
gather the Innovate LM-1 is supposed to be the fastest "cheap"
system).  It sounds like there's a whole bunch of research and testing
required to develop a reliable and accurate wideband controller,
especially the heater control part of it.  Should I cancel my order
for the LM-1?  :)

Also, how does VEMS work with 5cyl engines for ignition control?  Can
I go distributorless?  Anyone you know that has a fully operational
VEMS on an Audi 10v turbo?

Thanks!

Mark.
75