'88 16v parts to an '81

I'm in agreement with these guys (I know; they are now cursed).
When I first got my 16v, I was used to my son's '81S and did not care for
the power steering in my new Scirocco.  I even talked to Potterman about
removing it and what that would entail.
  After living with PS for several years, I have grown to appreciate it and
cannot imagine removing it now.  It affords more-than-acceptable road feel
and the light touch and quick response is a welcome trait.
Each to his/her own.

Larry
sandiego16v