'88 16v parts to an '81

  I have no empirical evidence.  I have driven 3 16V Sciroccos, all three had
p/s, and of course my D/D for 3 years (GTI) has no power steering...  For the
record, I have also driven a Scirocco w/o p/strng...  I could not feel any
difference between the two on the highway, except maybe a slightly quicker
turn response (with the shorter lock to lock steering on the power steering
system).  However, at slow speeds, I did feel the difference, less effort was
needed...

  If I remember correctly, a mechanic told me some years ago that the size of
the p/s pump, and/or the pulley, made it to where it did not affect driving at
speed...  If I am right, I don't understand why...  :-O

  If I am right or wrong, someone let me know why...  I know what I have felt,
but beyond that.....

HTH a bit

David