'88 16v parts to an '81

approximately
> 15-20
> mph...

How so?  I don't believe there is any mechanical link between the
vehicle's speed and the behaviour of the rack is there?  Are our
"earlier" power steering systems speed sensitive?

I've never had PS on any of my VWs, and am sitting on the fence as to
whether or not I should install it on my track Scirocco.  It'll be used
in a mix of autocross and Solo 1/lapping days.  As I understand it PS
will be beneficial for autocrossing, but I'm afraid of losing road
"feel" on the track.

Anyone have some input on this?

> It is only there for parkinglot manuevers.  The p/s rack however
> is a
> slightly quicker ratio from lock to lock, however, so if I had my
choice
> of
> the two, I would go power...  IF I did not have to install it...  :-)

Ya, that swap looks to be a big PITA...

Mark.
75
80 S