'88 16v parts to an '81

I think it really boils down to eprsonal preference.  Having PS in my
88' 16v and having driven a few differen't rocco's with and without it,
I like having the PS.  As for road feel, having my car lowered just a
bit, I'm able to feel the road very well.  I know when the tires are
breaking loose and when they arn't.  What it really comes down to is
what you like for whatever reason, and how well in tune you are with the
car you are driving at the time.

I think those that are use to manual steering will feel a bit remote
when they first try the same type of car with power steering.  Keep in
mind that every car is a bit different and it takes time to learn all
the nuances of each car.  I think only after some solid hours are logged
in to a different car, can one truely make that choice for oneself.  But
then, thats my opinion and we all know how much those vary from person
to person.  Stick with what ya like, but don't be afraid to try
something different and give it a fair chance before making up your mind.

William