crankase breather hose removal

--0-828240774-1048379190=:69290

I'm currently going crazy eliminating hoses in my 8v's engine compartement, and was wondering how many of you guys have removed the crankcase breather hose and put a filter on the cover instead...  any ill effects?  Also, on my 8v there are two lines coming out of the valve cover, a big one that goes to the air box, and a little one that goes to the intake manifold.  Would it harm anything to block off the little one going to the intake manifold?  Thanks-

Rob