New Exhaust System Advice

We took the Scirocco around and most places wouldn't touch it for a least
$100 to $110 just to fix the broken pipe (basically replacing the complete
pipe from the Cat to the Muffler).  Then we came across a small
non-franchised shop that would patch weld it up for $10.  So I went ahead
had it done there, however I'm going to start planning a good replacement
system.  If I had to spend over $100 then I was going to replace the whole
system, but now I have some time to think it all through.

Thanks to everyone for all you help!

Eric Singer
'84 8v Scirocco
Trinity, NC