Compression testing - motor out of the car?

If you have a good air compressor and a good impact you *MIGHT* be able to
do it on the crank pulley bolt, if you follow the rules and pull ALL the
spark plugs and open the throttle wide.

However, that's still a lot of stress on the crank bolt, and I don't know
if you could even get it to spin over fast enough to get a good reading.
You certainly would not want to stercth/break the bolt.

Aside from that or hooking a PTO coupling to the flywheel and spinning it
over with a tractor (no, I haven't tried it - yet) I'm not sure how else
you'd go about it (without a transmission and starter)

Drew