crankase breather hose removal

The only hose my car has is the crankcase breather hose.  Theoretically this
can just be vented, but I did that on my JH awhile back and a couple of
mechanics suggested it may be the source of some problems I was having.  For
that reason and because I'm a sucker for stuff like that - I have left mine
stock on my curent 8V.   I am doing the same as you - cleaning up the engine
bay.  I relocated my battery - that really opens things up.  Next I
installed the windshield sprayer tank in the wiper cowl.  My car already had
the radiator with no overflow tank so if you have one you can switch to an
older one (82 and older).   Next remove the whole evaporative emissions
recirculation system.  Remove both canisters (one in each wheel well) and
all the hoses going back and forth between them and the throttle body.
Block off the throttle body openings, and cut the small plastic hose coming
from the tank somewhere.  I cut it underneath the car near the gas tank but
I'm anal.  Remove the little saucer-shaped thing that these hoses connect
to.  That allows you to remove the T fitting on the hose going down to the
distributor, and replace the line with a single new one, direct from the tb
to the distributor.

After all that - my car ran better than ever before.  There must have been a
vaacum leak in one of the systems.  The carbon canister was basically filled
with rusty manky crap - it was obviously doing nothing good.  Now there's
also fewer parts to break, which is what it's all about.

Good luck!

vinister