Por-15 Question and couple of MkI Q's too.

I don't know about POR 15; never used it.  But, in my typical cheapass way, I have found and
effective, off-the-shelf solution: Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer is absolutely the dogs bollocks
for sealing metal and preventing the spread of rust.  I think it has fish oil or something (ever
see a rusty fish?  Well there ya go).

I had bought a beater Rabbit for a girlfriend some decades ago, it had some surface and other
minor rust.  I just wire brushed it off and put some RMP on it.  On an exterior surface, that rust
didn't peek through for over two years, probably longer since I sorta dumped her and the car went
too, and I haven't seen hide nor hair of either one since (nor that $3000 she owes me...well,
that's another story).

I'm telling ya - when I get my MkI, out come the carpets and down goes RMP in any questionable
areas. Underneath too.  Topcoat with other Rustoleum stuff iff'n you want.

My $0.02 says that common sense prevails...this is a cheap and very effective solution IMO.

HTH

Ron