QUAIFE! (was Fiberglass Hoods)

So what your saying is by installing a quaife you can almost loose as much
weight in the front you want and it won't mess with traction that much?  I
thought that the quaife transferred the power to the wheel that slips the
most and in most cases turns it into a posi setup (in a straight line).  IF
this is true, then how would it help if my car already gets posi in a
straight line all the time?  I am SERIOUSLY contemplating installing a
quaife but, again, my common sense has taken over and I couldn't justify the
$ when I already get posi which has the best traction anyway.  I can't spend
almost $1000 to install a part that will help me a little in turns!  LMK!!

Dave

> > Hey, this IS opinionated because you can do a LOT more to your
> > car with less money than loosing a couple pounds in a hood for $700-
> $1000.
>
> That is for damned sure. My point that reducing weight from the front end
> will benefit the handling and braking greatly is not a matter of opinion,
> however. That is fact.
>
> > Traction?  Well, my car weighs 1850lbs and I always get posi
> > (kinda makes me
> > wonder about this tranny!!) and I don't run slicks on the street so I
> > couldn't see taking anymore weight from the front of my car.
>
> Install a Quaife or at least a shim kit. You'll dig it. The benefits of
> reducing the weight will pay off enough to offset the *minor* traction
loss
> off the line. Have you ever experimented with lightening the front end?
What