Fiberglass Hoods

> Hey, this IS opinionated because you can do a LOT more to your
> car with less money than loosing a couple pounds in a hood for $700-
$1000.

That is for damned sure. My point that reducing weight from the front end
will benefit the handling and braking greatly is not a matter of opinion,
however. That is fact.

> Traction?  Well, my car weighs 1850lbs and I always get posi
> (kinda makes me
> wonder about this tranny!!) and I don't run slicks on the street so I
> couldn't see taking anymore weight from the front of my car.

Install a Quaife or at least a shim kit. You'll dig it. The benefits of
reducing the weight will pay off enough to offset the *minor* traction loss
off the line. Have you ever experimented with lightening the front end? What
results did you come up with?

> I tend to look at things from the "common sense" point of view (and my
> finacial situation may be part of it!!) and I would have a hard time
> reccomending a CF hood for a street car.  Hey, I do think they are kinda
> cool, but just can't justify it!

Okay, right there I agree with you completely. The CF hood is not a very
cost effective street tweek unless you're a complete nutcase like... well,
we all know who the guilty parties are around here. :^)
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!