QUAIFE! (was Fiberglass Hoods)

> So what your saying is by installing a quaife you can almost loose as much
> weight in the front you want and it won't mess with traction that much?

Well... not exactly. Surely removing 300lbs from the front end will not do
much good for your traction with our without a Quaife. What I am saying is
that the Quaife will help you put down the power better. Given the choice
between two cars: one with 50lbs off the front end and a Quaife, or stock
weight with a standard diff, I'd absolutely go for the first option.

> I thought that the quaife transferred the power to the wheel that slips
the
> most and in most cases turns it into a posi setup (in a straight
> line).

NO! This is exactly what the pitifully inept stock differential does. The
Quaife sends the torque to the wheel with the *most* grip. This is exactly
why it is so helpful in low traction environments. I've gotten so used to
mine, that I "can't" rally without it. The first time I used one on gravel,
I swore the car had AWD. The difference is truly amazing. Punch the gas
around a turn and the radius gets *tighter*. Wow, that's traction! In a
straight line, both your tires will hook up. And, if you do get any wheel
spin, you'll have two sexy and very symettrical burnout patches. One wheel
drive is for chumps. Invest in a Quaife (and a lightweight hood, relocated
battery, etc). :^)

> I can't spend almost $1000 to install a part that will help
> me a little in turns!  LMK!!

As mentioned before, the Quaife is not just for making turns. It is just as
active in a straight line as it is when snaking through the twisties. And, I
would hardly say that it works just a "little". The difference is quite
radical.

-"unfair advantage", indeed!
--
Scott F. Williams