QUAIFE! (was Fiberglass Hoods)

> > I thought that the quaife transferred the power to the wheel that slips
> the
> > most and in most cases turns it into a posi setup (in a straight
> > line).
>
> NO! This is exactly what the pitifully inept stock differential does. The
> Quaife sends the torque to the wheel with the *most* grip. This is exactly
> why it is so helpful in low traction environments.

Sorry Scott, I meant "wheels that grip" not slip.  Anyway, my question was
if I was getting about the best traction I could get (both wheels gripping)
then how would a quaife help if it is setup to get to as close to posi
without actually "being" posi?  You as much as answered my question but that
was the original question only I have a way of stretching things out!!
Thanks!

Dave