Fiberglass Hoods

I don't get what your saying about the 5.0L Mustang but I wouldn't own one
because their too much fun beating!!!  Especially in a VW!!  As far as the
"straight line racing" is concerned, it is a matter of taste and I like
running imports and wouldn't be able to with a Mustang.  I also do all the
work on my car so I don't think I could do ANYTHING with any other car for
the money I have in my car.  I like being different and racing a VW.  Still,
haven't been beat on the street!!!

Dave

> > Traction?  Well, my car weighs 1850lbs and I always get posi
> > (kinda makes me
> > wonder about this tranny!!) and I don't run slicks on the street so I
> > couldn't see taking anymore weight from the front of my car.
> > Plus, I would
> > bet that most of us are barbaric inline weenie racers.  I
> > don't hear too
> > much about how someone raced a CRX on a twisty winding road,
> > but I do hear
> > ALOT about taking on some Acura or Mustang at a streetlight.
> >
> > I tend to look at things from the "common sense" point of view (and my
> > finacial situation may be part of it!!)
>
> So....what you're really saying you're driving the wrong car 'cause you
can
> easily get a beater 5.0 Mustang to put out 300hp for about as much money
as
> a decent suspension setup for a Scirocco. You could spank Hondas all day
> long...
>
> To each their own, of course. But IMHO, a VW (and especially a Scirocco)
is
> the LAST car I'd buy if I wanted to go fast in a straight line.
Fortunately