Fiberglass Hoods

> Traction?  Well, my car weighs 1850lbs and I always get posi
> (kinda makes me
> wonder about this tranny!!) and I don't run slicks on the street so I
> couldn't see taking anymore weight from the front of my car.
> Plus, I would
> bet that most of us are barbaric inline weenie racers.  I
> don't hear too
> much about how someone raced a CRX on a twisty winding road,
> but I do hear
> ALOT about taking on some Acura or Mustang at a streetlight.
>
> I tend to look at things from the "common sense" point of view (and my
> finacial situation may be part of it!!)

So....what you're really saying you're driving the wrong car 'cause you can
easily get a beater 5.0 Mustang to put out 300hp for about as much money as
a decent suspension setup for a Scirocco. You could spank Hondas all day
long...

To each their own, of course. But IMHO, a VW (and especially a Scirocco) is
the LAST car I'd buy if I wanted to go fast in a straight line. Fortunately
for me, it isn't too high on the priority list.

Neal