my turn

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> Im not saying (or never said) that him taking a report at the scene was
> bad or wrong. You obviously benefited greatly from it. In most cases,
> doesnt need to be taken at the scene of the crime. THIS IS WHAT CHP WORKS
> FROM. I dont set the rules of engagement, ive just been telling you how
> they opperate.

I understand completely and totally agree with what you've pointed out.  I
do think it's not a good system for the driver who happens to be involved
in a relatively minor accident and blows off the on-the-scene report in
the interest of getting on his/her way quickly.. only to have the other
party concoct a story later that puts blame in doubt.

Saltyweasel's story about how Colorado handles these cases sounds ideal -
- no doubt expensive, but good for the motorist at large.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA