On the topic of superchargers

Easy there, Noah. My reference to you in the last post wasn't really meant
to provoke your response, I was trying to keep the thread light.
Before you turn this ugly/personal, I will clarify my position:
Turbochargers have their advantages and disadvantages.
Superchargers have THEIR advantages and disadvantages.
Just as in every aspect of life, each is a compromise/decision, based on the
decision-makers priorities.
Neither is a do-all, end-all answer.  They are merely options.
You advocate one to the exclusion of the other.
I say,"Consider each before making your choice."

Larry

> Larry said:
> >   That's (one of) the beauty(s) of supercharging: a supercharged engine
IS
> > managable!  Far more so than a turbo! (C'mon, Noah, let's go to round
> > three....DING!)  You don't need to clutch it!
>
> Seriously, just stop. No need to embarass yourself further. I suggest you
> take a ride in a modern turbocharged car, or better yet drive one. You
have
> ideas in your head that seem to indicate no firsthand experience. A start
> could come at the VW dealer where they might let you drive a 1.8t golf.
You