Re: Paint primer questions....

At 7:53 PM -0700 5/29/01, chris gonzalez wrote:
>now i have a question. i've been thinking about pressure blasting my
>76, but people have told me that the friction and heat generated from
>the sand could warp (i.e. cause ripples) in the sheet metal. who did
>your car and what media did they use?
>
>chrisg

My '87 just got back from the blaster and they used crushed walnut shells
as their media of choice for this job.  It doesn't get down to bare metal,
but it does take off all the paint right down to whatever primer the
factory uses.  I've never heard of the heat/warp issues you asked about,
but I assume the walnut shell is safe because this shop uses it on all
their restoration projects (and it's the biggest blasting shop in the
city).  HTH!