Re: Paint primer questions....

> So, what's etching primer do??
all i know (which is not much) is that etching primer will make a
chemical bond (as opposed to a mechanical bond) with bare metal.
"Regular" primer depends on a mechanical bond (i.e. sanding scratches)
to stick. FWIW.

oh, and the best thing to get a jump on the rust is to prime as each
part is blasted. kind of a hassle, yes, but as you know, oxidation
starts as soon as the metal is exposed.

i also just bought the harbor freight special (the 40 lb. pot). what
sand did you use from home depot? i think the finest that have is like
60 mesh?

and um, where did 2000 lbs. of sand go? is your yard a sandlot now? :^P

got pics?

chrisg
http://www.dublife.com