Re: sudden car death (one way valve)

>Let's back this thread up a wee bit.  Finally, after bending a pair
>of needlenose pliers
>and giving my forearms a major workout I finally got this bastard
>unstuck!  Anyhow, I
>have the one way valve in my hand and I'm trying to blow through it
>in this direction:
>
>fuel pump ----> fuel accumulator line
>
>No, success, am I not blowing hard enough?!?  Is this an item that
>comes with the fuel
>pump?

Not sure what you're trying to test here, but I can tell you that those
pumps put out around 90psi or more...and there's just no way that you're
going to generate any significant fraction of that pressure by blowing
into the check valve with your mouth.

Additionally, since Jim J. just got a new pump, the check valve does
indeed seem to come with a new pump.  Hope  you can get your car running
right again soon.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net