Re: Schrick 276 on an 8v???

On Sat, 12 May 2001 08:30:41 -0700 "Wing Gee" <winggee@hotmail.com>
writes:
> i have my eye on a schrick 276 for an 8v.. i don't care about lumpy
> idle or passing emissions cause i'll just put the stock cam back in
when the
> time comes around.
>
> my concern is, daily commute and when some honda's come up to me and
> wants to race.
> how well would a radical cam like this work for a street setup on a
> non ported head. basically i just want to take out my stock cam and put

> this one in without changing springs or anything. any guidance on this?
You'll need HD valve springs for a 276...

> i'm assuming since the head is not ported it won't pull past 6200 or
so?
It will pull well past 6200 if you get the HD valve springs, even without
porting...

> worse come to worse i'll get a TT 268.

The TT 268 is a hydraulic head.

Get a G grind already! 8^)

Peter - http://thescirocco.com

'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84.5 Oddball Scirocco JH/FF
'84 GTI  - Parting out a Black '88 16V Scirocco  -  Rollers For Sale:
'79, '80, '84, '88 Scirocco