[tech] 16V misfiring?

Hi guys,

This time a 16V question.  My 16V rocco has decided to start misfiring in
the lower rpms.  It sounds like it misfiring anyways.  When trying to
accelerate it somewhat bogs and then kicks in after 3000 rpm. Wires, plugs,
distributor cap, rotor, alt, starter, fuel filter are all brand fucking
spankin new as I rebuilt the motor.  I did a compression check and all 4
cylinders are running at about 240psi (is that good or bad?)

So now what?  I filled her up with Sunoco 94 and still nada.  Any other
ideas?  Timing?  Mixture?

The car was running fine previous to this morning.  She decided to give me a
headache today......any thoughts? TIA

Sal
67 Peugeot 404 (not running)
81 Scirocco 16V (not running)
84 Shitrocco (in storage for the summer)
84 Vwabbit (not running)