RE: Vehicle transport, anyone ever do this?

Did the Explorer actually have a trailer hitch and towing package? I
recently got an F-150 Supercab from Budget, and noticed that it had a
bumper-hitch and light plug, but no tow ball. I toyed with the idea of
buying a ball and renting a trailer to go get a car, but it didn't happen.

If I were to put a ball on that bumper, would it work to tow a car trailer?
The bumper was stamped for 5000lbs, but I always thought you couldn't tow
that much without a frame-mounted hitch...

Of course, this is even before I dare to ask the question: "What would
Budget do if they knew I was towing a car with this truck?" The truck was
part of their normal "car" fleet (not in their truck divison). I had
specified a "mid-size car", but this is what I got. Contract violation?

Neal