RE: ..NOW [oil type]

<snip Brian>
Since synthetic I have
noticed the oil leak get larger and larger. Does it have anything to do with
the switch to synthetic?? Can it be the infamous switch to synthetic and you
will get oil leaks.
<end snip>

This was my experience.  I switched back to dino blend oil, but the damage
is done.  My leak continues to be bad (although no longer getting worse).
I'm dreading dropping the oil pan again, because I don't want to confirm my
hunch that I stripped the seat of that one difficult pan bolt.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II