Re: Autotech/Eurosport products was: Autotech?

Shawn Meze wrote:
> So, you think thats a quality control issue? I think thats a "We dont
> give a fuck, you already bought it, your problem". Typical Autotech.

I agree, when I called the tech dept. to make sure I had the correct rear
bar and installed it correctly (like it could be installed incorrectly LOL)
the tech just said. "it should fit, make sure everything is installed
correctly". With that kind of an answer I didn't even bother getting
technical with the guy, I just said thank you for your time and hung up.
Installation had nothing to do with it, they were just not designed to work
together, no R&D went into these pieces, such a shame.
The other thing I didn't like about the Autotech rear bar was the fact that
you have to completely remove the bar to change the rear shocks or springs,
who was the bonehead that designed this feature.

My earlier post:
> >The [eurosport] bar did not fit my car correctly (too small).
<snip>

Shawn:
>Mine too. Not that this was a problem to unbolt the center bolt, tighten
>both end clamps and redrill a new hole. The way I understand it,  no 2
>VW's will have the rear measurments the same.

That makes sense. For the price the Eurosport bar was a good buy.

Shawn:
>Im in the proccess
>of making one for my newly aquired 84' Scirocco and am starting to think
>eurosport has a good design on the rear bar. Its simple, light, and has
>built in adjustability.

If I were to do it again and had a little more cash I'd go for an adjustable
one though. I guess I just dont like drilling holes or modifiying things
that are brand new, would rather make it myself if it's got to be modified
to fit. Eurosport should sell the rear bar undrilled and have the customer
drill their own hole to fit that way you don't have and extra hole with no
purpose.
That's how I'd do it.

Shawn:
>I like Eurosport stuff. I like the company, I like the owner. Hes an IT
>Racer, knows what works, what doesnt, knows what we want and is happy to
>talk about any problem you might have to work towards a solution. Very
>unlike Autotech.

This is what makes true enthusiasts come back and buy other products. I will
probably buy from them in the future if the need arises.
Techtonics Tuning is the same way, Excellent customer support and a VERY
knowledgable staff (they actually test their products to make sure they
work).
TT still holds my highest ranking of all tuners I have ever dealt with in
all things automotive. Darrell and Colin have helped me tremendously.
Autotech........well you probably have already figured that one out.

Randy B
81 Cosmos Scirocco S - 2.0 16V project
81 Mars Scirocco S - tt 1847cc 8V
87 gold Scirocco 16V - parts for Cosmos project

.