Re: Autotech/Eurosport products was: Autotech?

On Sat, 6 May 2000 00:40:18 -0700 "scirokn81" <scirokn81@email.msn.com>
writes:

>Autotech rear sway bar + Autotech cat back exhaust = ????????
>They can't be used together on the same car, go figure!

So, you think thats a quality control issue? I think thats a "We dont
give a fuck, you already bought it, your problem". Typical Autotech.

>The bar did not fit my car correctly (too small). I had to remove
"their"
>locator bolt, tighten down the strut tower clamps and redrill another
hole
>in the bar.
>The hole they used was almost an inch off. I know my car is not that
>bent. Now that the new hole is drilled the bar seems to work fine.

Mine too. Not that this was a problem to unbolt the center bolt, tighten
both end clamps and redrill a new hole. The way I understand it,  no 2
VW's will have the rear measurments the same. (I think VW allows for
almost a 2" diflection between the rear shock towers.) So it would be
hard to make a rear stressbar that fit EVERY A1 car. Im in the proccess
of making one for my newly aquired 84' Scirocco and am starting to think
eurosport has a good design on the rear bar. Its simple, light, and has
built in adjustability.

I like Eurosport stuff. I like the company, I like the owner. Hes an IT
Racer, knows what works, what doesnt, knows what we want and is happy to
talk about any problem you might have to work towards a solution. Very
unlike Autotech.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!