SV: good mechanic in Silver Spring/DC area? [Motortechnik]

> > over 400hp. Just ask Francis (the owner) about it.. the problem is the price.
> > Last I heard it was something like $15k. (race motor)
> Uh.. make that ONE problem is price.. the other is figuring out how the phuck
> to put that many horses to the ground through the cheesy 020 tranny, and once

Two word, modified 02A gear box. Cable transmission and straight gears.

I have now emptyed my 020 from oil so an old strong four speed gearbox is going in, at least they're cheap so I can abuse it.

> there, how to control it!  At that kinda number, I don't think a Quaife alone
> is gonna cut it!  :0

Why use Quafie, try Gemini as they use in VW Motorsports cars. Has a rumour to be the best. Strong arms and no brain is a good start.

Roland Johansson, Swedish Viking
Scirocco 1,8T -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker