RE: Car'bing a scirocco

>I'm actually really interested in hearing anything anyone has to say about
>this. I first saw a carb'ed 16v this weekend in an autoX-prepped mk1 Jetta.
>Never knew it could/should/would ever be done. Guy says he gets 200hp out of
>the thing...sheeeat!
>
>Neal

I have a lot of trouble believing that a set of carbs alone has added
anywhere near that amount of power.  Fuel injection is arguably more
effecient, and accurate...which would generally lead one to believe
that FI is gonna make more power.  I think with the large load of quite
serious mods I've put into my 16v I'm not making more then 170-175hp.
That's probably a little high (until I finish that damn fuel enrichment
device that is!!) Carbs look cooler though, without a doubt. :)

later.

==Brett