RE: Car'bing a scirocco

At 08:21 PM 6/18/99 -0500, Neal Tovsen wrote:
>I'm actually really interested in hearing anything anyone has to say about
>this. I first saw a carb'ed 16v this weekend in an autoX-prepped mk1 Jetta.
>Never knew it could/should/would ever be done. Guy says he gets 200hp out of
>the thing...sheeeat!
>
>Neal

I read somewhere, if only I could remember where, that VW had built some
carbed 16V motors.  They apparently built them for rally racing and the hp
for one of them was over 200hp.  I don't know how acurate/truthful this is
since I can't remember where I read it.

John Worden
Old Town, Maine

'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
'81 Volkswagen Scirocco(mk1) soon to be 2.0 16V(rear suspensio/brakes
almost done)
'69 MGB- in need of total resoration(needs some front fenders too)