Re: Coolant smell, low heating

>  I too posted awhile ago about the dreaded coolant smell. I have it only
> in the foot position on the heater control. I put in a bottle of the
> same world's best stop leak( 2 weeks ago) and still smell the coolant.
> Not as bad. How long did it take for you to stop smelling the coolant?
> I want to drain and flush the system soon as possible. Thanks.
>
> Feenix..

I've seen like 5 vw's have this problem, I think the heater cores are just
cheap, it took like 3 or four days for my car to quit smelling like coolant.
I've never seen any of the cars with this
problem get wet on the floor or windshield so I know it's a small leak. As for
these people
saying it's a lousy fix, I always fix things properly the first time, however
do you really want to spend 150+ dollars and rip your dash apart for a tiny
pin hole leak in an otherwise fine heater core? I know I don't...

Jason.
87 Scirocco 16v 2.0 Motronic.