Re: Coolant smell, low heating

Jason wrote:

> I 'm having similar problems, in my last scirocco I used some stop leak
> (world's best stop leak, it's the gray stuff in a plastic tube, not the
> liquid) I've had a ton of people tell me this stuff is the best. The
> smell went away. Probably a little pinhole leak in the heater core. As
> for the low amount of heat I'd flush the cooling system and put in a new
> thermostat. These both do a lot to protect your engine, radiator, and
> heater core, none of which are cheap items to replace. I have a cooler
> fan switch and thermostat than stock so that doesn't help either.
>
> Jason.
> 87 Scirocco 16v 2.0 Motronic.

 I too posted awhile ago about the dreaded coolant smell. I have it only
in the foot position on the heater control. I put in a bottle of the
same world's best stop leak( 2 weeks ago) and still smell the coolant.
Not as bad. How long did it take for you to stop smelling the coolant?
I want to drain and flush the system soon as possible. Thanks.

Feenix..